GPS in trucks or mowers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnjocky, Apr 14, 2008.

1. lawnjocky

lawnjocky LawnSite Member

Does anyone use GPS in their trucks or equipment? I am interested in tracking my guys movements. If you do use it, what service and how much does it cost?

Side question. I did a search for "gps" and got zero results but I know there are post's with gps in them because I read a few. Why won't my search work?

2. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

Used it before, trucks only, don't remember the cost but it was up there

Very useful to have especially if you plow snow, example, customer calls and asks why you haven't been at such'n'suh place and you tell that person with the printed report, yes we have.

GPS in trucks is nice but the GPS on cell phones would be better, don't know the detail of the location if using cell phone though.

Google search "@Road", hands down the best system out there, too bad the customer support SUCKS.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I have one in the truck, comes in handy to go give estimates, just plug in the address and go

4. Giragosian Landscape

Giragosian Landscape LawnSite Member

Check out a TomTom GPS system. I have one and i love it and its the best tool to have when it comes to giving out estimates. I think they go for 299 now a days....

Andrew

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

GPS on a mower? What kinda lawns you mowing? "Yeah, I got lost on the back 40, had to use the TomTom to find my way to the truck.":laugh::laugh:

Seriously, I would love to have GPS tracking in all the trucks.