GPS Tracking

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by marcusmac99, Dec 5, 2011.

1. marcusmac99

marcusmac99 LawnSite Member

Guys,

Anyone using GPS tracking for their trucks, trailers or mowers? I'm trying to find a GPS tracking company that deals with smaller fleets, less than 5 trucks, but no luck so far.

Thanks,

2. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

3. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Be cheaper to give every employee or truck a company Cell Phone with GPS Location Tracking and monitor it that way....

4. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

True, but your crew could "accidentally" forget to charge the phone and go off your route and mow a few of there own.

5. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

Make it mandatory all phones be brought inside the office after the completion of each day, and equipp all trucks with chargers and make it a company policy that phone be on and functional throughout the entire work day...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GainesvilleLawnscaping

GainesvilleLawnscaping LawnSite Member

Yes, I use Shadow Tracker from Advanced Tracking Technologies. Love it! Was about $200 in equipment and then only $20 or so a month. Can't imagine living without it.

7. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

8. These tracking programs do so much more than prevent employee theft.
    I'm putting an app on my cell so my wife/office manager can track me in real time.
    So when a customer wants to know when I'll be on their property, where to have a mower part delivered, when to start my dinner, she'll have the info.
    I could do it myself but it'll be nice to have some help. How much of your day is wasted on the phone?

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i cant remember who we sue, but it is less than 5 trucks, even though wehave more than that. we dont gps each of them cuz they are not always used

10. Thanksman

Thanksman LawnSite Platinum Member

i dont have employees yet. but i did work for a company thats used them for 6 yrs.. of my 10 year employment ,i hated it. i was trust worthy.. did not steal nor would i. slowly but surely we are loosing freedom in this country. if you cant trust your employee... dont hire them. i am sorry if this offends...... but i, myself think it is bullshyt. i found the place i worked.. guys started screwing the company... after these were installed in our trucks. for feeling like they were not trusted. good luck