GPS tracking

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Luke S., Jan 3, 2014.

1. Luke S.

Luke S. LawnSite Member

Do you use tracking on your guys?

If so, on the trucks or on phones?

2. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Go Track on all trucks. It's the best I found. Visit their site.

3. familylawncare

familylawncare LawnSite Member

We use gps advantage. Has been useful in a lot of circumstances. Tracking vehciles, proof that we were at locations, etc. Cost is decent $19.95/month/vehicle.

4. zzach001

zzach001 LawnSite Member

i am looking to gps tradk my two work trucks also, the one i found that had good reviews was silver cloud.. any one else use this one? its 29 per month per vehicles. but 250 for the device!

5. zzach001

zzach001 LawnSite Member

How much was it for the device itself per vehicle and any set up fees?

6. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

All I can say is DO IT!!!!!!

So much revenue lost on things that the guys don't think of as "wasting time."

A quick stop by the convenience store, a quick stop by the restroom, a longer drive to the next job for some relaxation time....

The guys won't think that these things make much difference but when added up over 5 years it is staggering....

Put the trackers in and tell them....

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

guys should look up operasoft.

It tracks vehicles but also runs like business management software similar to service autopilot.

8. memphispmg

memphispmg LawnSite Member

Sap is supposed be coming out with their app that will allow each crew to be tracked as well

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Real Green Service assistant Mobile Live does that too. It tracks the device, not the vehicle though. It operates as a mobile service capture tool as well as tracking. I do have an OLD tracker in the landscape truck complete with the antenna on the top and lights flashing on the tracker. It isn't operational, but the guys don't know that so they think the tracking is on the truck.

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

IS that like one of those fake Owls to keep all the birds from pooping on your house?