1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

GPS who uses them ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JKOOPERS, Dec 11, 2006.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

well i asked for a garmin gps system for christmas and and i was told i got one. just wondering if anyone else uses them and if so what kind and model. seems like a great way to speed up the driving process.
  2. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I have streets and trips. Great program and gps unit. I use it all the time.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i beleive its the streetpilot c330 can they route the jobs for ay too ?
  4. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I use the streets and trips gps to get to new lawns all the time.
  5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I just bought a Garmin c330 for my wife for Christmas. Seems like a very cool little unit. You can enter you customer's addresses, save them, then select them off a list to route to....
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems quite simple to use the gps software built into Microsoft's Mappoint and the antennas are real cheap off ebay. I think we may upgrade to the "dots" with that combo if it's as easy as it looks. Has anyone used this before?
  7. ltw77

ltw77 LawnSite Member

Me and the fam just took a roadtrip to florida from Va. Its pretty obvious how to get to florida but once your there the gps is a gold mine!! What do you want to eat? Search restaurants........bam! You have a list based on your location. If you know the name, maybe someone recc a place. Type it in and you ready to go. Not to mention when your on vacation for a week and don't have a set agenda, this thing really shines. If it did this well in unfamiliar territory it will be great where you live!
  8. www.rs-lawn.com

www.rs-lawn.com LawnSite Member

i have a gps handheld that goes in the truck. it holds customer jobs (in an optimized order) and production time. it allows me to see exactly how much i am making. at the end of the day i plug it into the pc and it automatically invoices. it also had a post production truck tracking, so i can see if my guys are goofing off or milking the clock.
  9. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

What is the brand on that one. It sounds like what I have been looking for
  10. www.rs-lawn.com

www.rs-lawn.com LawnSite Member

it is program called lawn and pest assistant 3. made by real green. www.realgreen.com . it is for invoicing, reports, production, payments and all kinds of other things. i even have scanners so i dont mix up payments. it cost me about 5k for the program. i bought a laptop for 2k. it was well worth it though. i used to use quickbooks and hated it. this is about 15 to 20 mins a day on the computer and does everything for you.