grab the calculators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thartz, Feb 5, 2003.

1. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Sod install.@$2.00 sq. ft. still in line.Thanks for the feed back.install only no sight prep.

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I live in Burlington some friends of mine are getting about $5-6 per ft. Fescue.

3. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a landscaping company here that I have been told does the entire job (Sod, Grading) For 1.65 per square ft! Crazy and hard to believe but they are getting ALOT of jobs and the quality is not good.:confused:

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

5. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

I hope the searches you have recovered are speaking for prices above cost!

Sod work is not easy and there is no one around me that will do it for less than 1.65 per square ft (entire job). I own my own equipment and do larger lots than what was discussed in your search recoveries. I must have a good sale but make to supply and eat as well!

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

H.

Last year we did an install for a client who had a pool installed. The total area was approx 840sf, and I only charged them $1025 for a 12 man/hr job including materials. The labor rate for this site was $756 = $63 man/hr.

Thats why I said that the .90 was a base price. This particular job we were asking $1.22/sf. I was very pleased with the $$$ earned, and the clients LOVED their instant green oasis complimenting their pools landscape -- thats a win/win in my book.

7. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info guys;I was curious as to wheather or not to raise prices this year due to the bad economy.Most of the LCO's in this area are holding on increases since the economy is so shakey.

8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

There is a guy here in Chesapeake that does sod installs for $1.85 per sq. YARD. That includes labor and fine raking. That's about the price I pay to buy my sod. I don't know how he can do it.:confused:

9. Is this a good deal

sod flyer.jpg