Grading work for builders? Price?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by SouthernYankee, May 9, 2006.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

In Houston about 70% of the builders are publicly owned companies that build on a mass scale. The largest company, Lennar builds over 5,000 houses a year in the Houston area. I have noticed that there are a lot of guys grading with tractors with box blades which got me thinking about getting my bobcat out there for some easy work.

My question is, does anyone here grade small lots ( under 7,000 sq.ft) for large building companies? Does anyone know what they roughly pay? thanks

2. texas

texas LawnSite Member

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Get your self a tilt a tac and a 4 in 1 bucket. You will run circles around a tractor with this combo.

I got the tilt a tac and it makes the bucket pivote side to side 15 degrees. So it makes your bucket act like a 6 way blade. I am starting to do finish grading for a home builder with mine.

4. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

skidsteer work is around 65 and track loader work is 110

5. KauffmanL&L

KauffmanL&L LawnSite Member

i have a 4700JD with box blade and rent a 247b on ocassion and get $75 and hour for grading and all prep work including minimal hand grading

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

damn thats sad, so if it takes you 3hrs and having to drive your skid steer out there you make under $200, blah, thats far from worth it, i wont touch anything with the larger machines for under $500 if im hauling out equipment,

thats like some lady asking you to plant ONE tree requriing the digging with a backhoe, hell if the tree is $300, and i need a tractor at the site, $500 minimum or else im not interested.