Grainger and Ben Meadows

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kandklandscape, Feb 24, 2008.

1. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

What other companies are there? Been dealing with Grainger for a few years but been disatisfied in the past few orders threw them, who deals with who here?

For tools, equipment etc

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I use MSC..........

3. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

i like gemplers.com

ordered a few times from them and have had no issues.

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

all hand tools through AM leonard.

5. kandklandscape

from PA

any others?

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

What are you looking to buy?

7. MarcSmith

Shemins also has a good tool program....

8. kandklandscape

from PA

looking for a company we can buy tools, tarps, helmets, climbing spikes, nails, screws, bolts, weedeaters etc. kinda like grainger, they sell everything, heaters vac cleaner, garbage cans, tools, paper i mean they got everything.

9. MarcSmith

while its great to fin a a "one size fits all" kinda store. I would not buy tree spikes, helmets, and string trimmers, anymroe than I's trash bags, tarps, and garbage cans from a nursery supply house.

couple things. Shipping costs.... , and premium prices.

while its great to write one check for everything when you a buying a bnuch of stuff, as the cunsumer you have to to pay for the warehouse to stock all of those parts....or at the very least pay for the people who order all of those parts from all of the different manufacturers. Why pay 30 bucs for a case of garbage bags and shipping costs when you can pay 20 for he same thing @ your local hardware or big box store.

Grainger is the jack of all trades, but master of none....IMO...but I do make purchases from them....and I have beenhappy when what I have recieved. but then again when you buy leather gloves by the case at $2 a pop....whats not to be happy about...