GrandStand and Wright Stander side by side

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec, Jun 13, 2009.

1. brucec

brucec LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a Wright I just sold next to the toro GrandStand I had on demo last weekend. Both are great machines. Side by side I would almost call it a draw but I had to give it to the toro because of the turbo force deck. With that being said I bought a 60" BadBoy with the 32hp Vangard. See pic in my other post.

2. brucec

A few more.

3. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

The foot positioning on the Wright looks very restrictive (one position for your feet) whereas the Toro gives a wide open pad to vary foot position...That alone would be a deal breaker for me with my size 13 wide feet...:drinkup:
  4. brucec

for some reason I liked the wright platform better, and I have big feet as well
  5. brucec

The toro is a 48" that is all they had for me to demo, A 52" would have had more trim side.
  6. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

The grand stand certainly looks like a lot more machine, what price did they offer you on it ? and what engine?
  7. brucec

$7490 tax included but I would have had to buy at least one weight for the front because the front end wanted to come up on me on moderate inclines. I am 6' 4" 270# though. I didn't really think it was right to have to pay $100 for a weight to keep the front end down, seems like a design flaw to me. The wright would climb some crazy hills and never begin to lose the front. I still REALLY liked the grandstand though! I bought a bad boy for $500 more and it is much more machine. I know it is apples to oranges but for $500 the bad boy was a no brainer. I will get another stander later.
  8. brucec

Sorry that was for the 52"/ 23 hp.
  9. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

i like the toro looks cool and u got more space for you feet
  10. Smithco Lawncare

Smithco Lawncare LawnSite Member

thats a rh stander, I never knew it was SOOOOOOOOO much smaller than the regular oe.