1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

grandstand strip kit

Discussion in 'Toro' started by yardguy28, Feb 6, 2010.

1. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

I don't know about the stripe kit, but I sure like the Grand Stand. I test drove one at a dealer. Pretty impressive warranty ... 5 years / 1,200 hours for a commercial guy. Wow!

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

stripes with 52 grandstand no roller

SSPX0011.jpg

SSPX0009.jpg

3. Lazer Cut

Lazer Cut LawnSite Senior Member

bigw... nothings on the bottom, do you use high lift blades?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

those are ok stripes. not the greatest in my opinion. i'd rather get the stripe kit, it'll do a better job.

although i am curious how you even got the grandstand to do that. mine won't do that and i use high lift blades.

5. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

Seabee24-

Please see the picture of our roller striper attached to the TURBO FORCE deck on one of our Z Master models. The roller is set/released with a handle - you can see the lower portion of the handle in the picture. We will post a picture of the roller striper attached to a GrandStand next week.

-The Toro Company

parts_stripkit_192302.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

so to clarify the roller striper will work for both the 09 and the 10 grandstand models correct?

7. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

Yardguy28 -

The GrandStand striping roller is compatible with both 2009 and 2010 models.

Studio and field photography of the final production configurations is not yet available. However, the photos included with this post (taken of earlier prototype machines) should give you a reasonable feel for the location of the roller on GrandStand models. The roller is spring-biased toward the turf, and can be disengaged by connecting it to the operator platform as shown in one of the photos.

Be aware that although the execution is essentially the same on small-frame (36" and 40") and large-frame (48", 52", and 60") models, there are two different kits for the two different frame sizes. 36"/40" -- kit #117-8560; 48"/52"/60" -- kit #114-3521.

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

DSCN1730.jpg

8. Mikeyd

Mikeyd LawnSite Member

I know this one is old, but wondering if anyone is using this striping kit from Toro on their GS?

9. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

I have two. They work pretty well but have hung them up in a couple of spots. PM me your number if you wat more insight.

10. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I have it on my Grand Stand. They work ok, likewise I've hung mine up a time or two as well.