1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

grantham excavating work thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by hoeman376, Nov 28, 2013.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Nice work! The basements seem more shallow than what we dig here. Are those split entry homes? Here all basements are have 9' walls and 10" footings, so we end up about 8' in the ground usually.
  2. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

that's how it is around here. this house has a 9'4" wall but the builder kept it out of the ground so theres no dirt to haul off
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. hoeman376

Wrecked alittle house today. A child molester user to live here so i took great pleasure in tearing it down. Tearing the foundation out and filling in tomorrow.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Clean work as always. How do you do all that without a thumb?
  5. hoeman376

When youve done it this long without one i guess you just get used to it that 48" bucket gets a pretty big bucket. My grandpa used to do it with a crawler loader and my father the same and with a excavator. Figure of we've gotten buy for 65 years with out it. Must be doing something right lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work for no thumb! Is that the creeper hiding behind the tree in the last pic? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

So you have a bad day and then you find the perfect stress reliever? That's such a clean job it's ready for junior to put a swimming pool (ice rink) in. :)
  8. hoeman376

You got that right yellowdog lol

Finished it up (for now) bright dirt in compacted with the excavator. Rough graded sine dirt was still froze so will be back in the spring if it ever comes haha to finish grade it.

9. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

looks great, very impressive how you can do such a clean job without a thumb!
  10. hoeman376

Dug alittle garage today. Have to dug and pour the garage before we digg the foundation. Can't get Concrete trucks Back there otherwise.