Grants and Assistance?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Newguy25, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

I just lost my job of four years and I am currently laidoff. I was wondering if any of you knew of any grants on starting up a biz for someone in my situation? Or a place for guidance financially? Like low interest loans etc? Thanks and take care.

2. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

Check with your area Small Business Association person. Around here they have had Quickbook workshops as well as Tax help. Has been a big help for me so far.
    VO

3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

There aren't any Grants that I know of for a for profit company.......The SBA has loans if you have decent credit....There is a grant for building and maintaining a Green house.....but very hard to get....Good luck, and if you are successful because things change all the time lets up know....

4. bukeeper1

bukeeper1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

If you have good credit, apply for one of these 0% APR on balance tranfers and "Check Cash Advances" DONT APPLY FOR SEVERAL hurts credit.....

Take the checks cash advance checks and put into your personal or business account for your start-up......Find out exactly what kind of equipment to buy with your alloted money, price it out and then see if think if youll be able to hack it, buy only what you need, save some extra for "surprises" and hustle brotha ADVERTISE LIKE CRAZY

Dont forget, It takes moolah to advertise......

5. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Get with the SBA. Down here in Florida we have an extension unit of the SBA. They help with business plans,finace etc. etc. Randy

6. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i havent completley looked into this, but i was told that their is a small business class offered through the BBB, if you take the course you can earn up to a $2000.00 grant from them Im still looking into it though.