Grants Or Loans

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by miltthemower, Jan 8, 2008.

1. miltthemower

miltthemower LawnSite Member

I have been in the business for three years part time. I want to take my company to the next level. I have no cash and poor credit.

Currently I am seeking a grant or loan. Due to credit issues I have been striking out left and right.

Currently I have 30 residential clients. Using a 21 inch push mower is wearing me down. Even though it has front wheel drive, it is still a hassle.

I am looking to purchase a used truck and a 36 inch walk behind also a trailer. With this I can at least compete with the other lawn care guys in my area.

If anyone has any ideas please. I would be more than appreciative.

2. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

3. miltthemower

Appreciate it I am currently filling out a DBE form. Disadvantage Business form to see if I can secure some money. I have visited the SBA site.

4. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried asking around for a private investor?

You should also look into those "Pay here" auto lots that will finance you independanty. You just pay them your payment every month. They usually over look bad credit if your working.

Sometimes too, you can get a good deal on used mowers through repair shops. Homeowners sometimes buy ztrs and realize a few years later that they didn't need it, or they think they want a new one. David has gotten a deal or two that way. Just keep your ear to the ground.

5. miltthemower

I have been working on my business plan to seek private investors. I will look into people selling used lawn equipment.

6. vkurt711

vkurt711 LawnSite Member

A website I found somewhat recently that may be of assistance is prosper.com. They match private investors with people that can't qualify or don't want to pay interest to banks and other lending institutions. Might be worth a look. There are one or two other sites that are similar but their names escape me at the moment.

7. paydex

paydex LawnSite Member

if you are incorporated, you can get a business lease for the equipment you need...

are you incorporated? yellow pages listed? in business how long?

8. miltthemower

Yes I am incorporated, been in business three years incorporated one. I am currently working with the SBA to finish my business plan. They offer assistance with getting a loan or grant through financial institutions affiliated with the SBA. I will check the other resources I have been given.

Thanks everyone for your help.

9. paydex

paydex LawnSite Member

have you looked into getting the business a lease of the equipment you need?