Grants

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by firegrass, May 4, 2004.

1. firegrass

firegrass LawnSite Member

ok i was passed on the other day for a chance to put a grant in for my buisness well to expand any advice.:blob2:

2. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

huh? :confused:

3. pimowtime

pimowtime LawnSite Member

Are you talking about a small business grant or something?? If you are, that is what I plan on doing, but I was told by a bank that you have to establish your biz for at least 6 months in the community and go into the bank (with your gross earnings and profits) and go from there.They like to see that you are going to keep growing and offering your services on a permanent basis! (or something like that:))

4. mjoaaa

mjoaaa LawnSite Member

pimowtime it sounds like more of a business loan to me. A grant is usually something you won't have to repay. Either way, you will want to have a sound and solid business plan with good record keeping. In addition, most places or grant givers will want to see that you have invested at least 25% of needed funds on your own (shows commitment).

Personally I am having trouble finding grants though, if anyone has a place to look let me know.

5. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

ahhhh, the mysterious and oft heard of, yet never seen free money for your business. quit wasting your time looking for the pot-o-gold. it doesn't exist for most people.

6. pimowtime

pimowtime LawnSite Member

Hello, again:)

When I was looking for grants, I typed in "free government grants" on my yahoo search!! It listed quite a few! Well anyway, it's a good start:)

7. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

did u get any?

8. mjoaaa

mjoaaa LawnSite Member

I typed the same search in google and yahoo and came up with a bunch of books for sale.