granular Dimension LAWN RE-ENTRY

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

Another contractor was telling me that it is hard to keep people and pets off the lawn after applying granular Dimension. i said that the label does not require that. the label only talks about "do not enter till the dust has settled.

after talking with him, i started to think ....let me re-read the label..and sure enough ...keep out of treated area till dust has settled..
    :cool2:

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

So , you wasted a post to let us know you figured something out?

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

no i made a point that some applicators don't read the label:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

till dust has settled??? what's that, about 30 seconds after you shut the spreader off on the last pass? lol!

I had a few concerned people today about their dogs. I said it was perfectly ok for the pets but they insisted to keep them in the house untill the sprinklers had ran thru at least once.

Really, that decision is fine by me, i'm not gonna argue with them, I'd rather them be safe than sorry... Don't want to see a sick puppy since some are dumb enough to lick up fertilizer off the ground...

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I get the dog question thing all the time and I just tell them as long as they are NOT eating the little pellets they'll be OK.

6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We recommend a 48 hr window until regular activity resumes on the lawn for pets and kids. If the product is watered in before then, activity can return to normal.

7. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I tell them to put the pets inside for an hour or so and water it in as soon as possible.