granular herbicide?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scott's turf, May 3, 2006.

1. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Is there a granular hebicide that could be used to apply to a clay tennis court. This thing gets invested with weeds mid summer. Is spraying it the only way to go?
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I think liquid round-up would be the best and safest thing to use. you could add a pre-m also
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Is the court surrounded by turf or plants? if so, are they susceptible to runoff from water off the court?

Reason I ask is that a soil sterilant would be a good idea for something like this. Pramitol comes in both liquid and granular and works pretty well at keeping anything from coming up for about a year. Also others like Sahara.
    Sterilants have a tendency to leach off target if you have any heavy rains within a few weeks after application though, thus killing things you didn't mean too.
  4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I agree - a soil sterilent that was watered in would work.
  5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Run off shouldn't be an issue. I will look for a soil sterilant. Thanks for the help
  6. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Call a clay court company and ask them. Or try a local country club w/clay courts and ask their grounds guys.