Granular or Liquid Fertilizer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SMITHSCAPE, Aug 20, 2011.

SMITHSCAPE LawnSite Member

Which type of fertilizer do you prefer when combining with herbicide applications?
  2. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

I'm interested in this as well...we have been doing granular fert then a liquid herb but have been thinking that it might be more efficient to combine both in a liquid form...i need to do more research tho because there are many variables to consider such as liquid not lasting as long, liquid working quicker, etc....seems like theres pros and cons to both, just need to see which one out weighs the other
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Dry fert is fine when weed control is not needed. If weed control and fert is needed, I was satisfied mixing urea and potash solution with weed control. You need to use about 3 gallons per thousand sqft. You need a tank for about 600 gallons solution.

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Now that depends

If i had to push a spreader than go around and spray weeds

Than i would do liquid and only do it once

You know i think pushing a spreader is harder than dragging a hose

But i have a ride on now so i can do both when need at the same time

Charles Cue
  5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

that's a good point, a ride on that does liquid and granular does both at once so it wouldn't really matter if you did strictly liquid or both...might be easier using only liquid tho, especially for even coverage...not sure, don't have any experience on a ride on
  6. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

I use both liquid and granular fertilizer.
  7. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

I use both. Liquid is best for Broadleaf control
  8. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Liquid broadleaf pre-emergent is better than granular broadleaf pre-emergent?

Would it make a diff., if you were able to water in both?
  9. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Im referring to post emergent. I use granular for pre-m not post
  10. wrxscby

wrxscby LawnSite Member

I do both as well. I do a granular app early spring with dimension then hit it about a month or 6 weeks later with a liquid 25-0-0 coron with dimension and momentum fx2 and it works extremely well at knocking out dandelion, clover, chickweed etc. then granular in the summer (sulfur coat) then fall hit it with 25-0-0 and momentum fx2.