granular or liquid pre em's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by T.E., Jul 17, 2003.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

my lesco dealer tells me that I would be better to use liquid pr em's rather than granular what do you guys think? Says there is better coverage is this so? Thanks :cool:

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

If you have the right set up for it, yeah. Try WP, they work great.

3. turf78

turf78 LawnSite Member

All depends on what fits your program.

Liquid application sprayed on turf and depending on the thickness of the turf some or most of product may stay on grass blades. If product is affected by sunlight and is not watered in then some product may be lost. Another problem with spray is product getting mowed off and bagged.

Granular application gets down to where it should be. Edging with a granular product is rarely done the correct way. Can't mow off product. UV rays are cut down.

In some climates granular applications are used early in the season because the lawns are not growing and the weeds are not being sprayed. When the weeds need to be sprayed then go to a liquid application.

Again, what ever fits your program.

4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We put down Lesco granular Pre-M round 1, and use liquid Dimension in the backpack sprayer to get the edges where the granular can't reach. If we get breakthrough we use Drive75, it is expensive but it works well. We have a few lawns that are notorious for crabgrass problems, so we put 2 apps of pre-m down, 1 granular, then round 2 liquid.