1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Granular or Spraying???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mwallingford, Jan 19, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

http://www.msdsonline.com/

2. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

I agree with Scott. I use granular fertilizer and crabgrass pre. applications. Spring weather is very volatal. There are many days that you can spread granules when it is to breezy to spray. I also think the granular fertilizer is better. It may cost more, but you can sell your use of premium quality products to your customers. You get what you pay for.

for broadleaf control, I spray. I do a couple of total coverage spray apps. per year, per property. After that the broadleaves should be under control and you can go to spot treatments. Spot treatments are a win/win situation. You charge a minimum fee of $XX with the understanding that if weeds become a big problem a higher charge or a total app. may be needed. 99% of the time they are not though. You save chemicals and cash in on the spot treatments.

The best thing to remember though is be flexable with your programs. Most customers will listen to what you have to say, but some have an idea of what they want and can afford. Remember, you aim to please!!