granular question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by larry1189, Sep 1, 2005.

1. larry1189

larry1189 LawnSite Member

Could a guy use the Scott brand or a like product for granular. I use it on my own yard and get wonderful results. Some of the more "high end" brands even have dimension in them. I know that they are not as good, but just wondering what people thought. Thanks

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

most states you have to be licences to apply any fertilizer to your customers, your own is fine, but yout your customers... maybe your already licenced,generaly you take classes and a test which teaches you all the information you are looking for

3. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Scotts fertilizer is fine, but cost inhibitive if you want to make profit.

Fertilizer as a whole is going through the roof with the cost of oil as it is.

Hell I can hardly afford to use Lesco anymore and am looking into less expensive brands.

4. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

In the world of fertilizers, it's more about what you put down when, as in quantities, than brand. A guaranteed analysis is a guaranteed analysis. Those with a heavy marketing burden are likely to cost more, but two products wiht identical analysis applied at equal rates will produce the same results. If you do not know what any of that means, then you are best left to having someone that does handle it for you.