Granular Weed Control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by germann, Mar 5, 2003.

1. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody tried it with luck? What have you heard about the new products?

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope...although the granular with Confront may work as there can be systemic control from root-uptake.

3. Granular herbicides need wet foliage. Confront doesn't. If confront is systemic, does it move up or down?

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

If I acquire a property of 3/4+ acre that is totally weed infested, I'll sometimes have my applicator hit it when theres a heavy morning dew w/ a fertilizer w/ trimec. Then we'll do a liquid follow up 2 weeks later. THe results are great, and the client thinks you're a genius. Just remember if the lawns that infested, you'll have to see a renovation in the fall!;)

Bob

5. What new product?

6. Scraper

Both

7. MWHC

MWHC LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

We have used the granular "weed & feed" with confront made by Lebanon. Total garbage. Killled a very small percentage of weeds when applied at labeled rates. Didn't matter if the turf was wet or dry, we tried both with the same results. For half the cost one can spray and achieve better results.

8. Spray with what product and at what rate/m?

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Granular Weed Control

NO SUCH THING for a professional.

10. Scraper

Thanks for the heads up. I have not used it, but it was presented as an option by a mfg. at a recertification meeting I recently attended. I agree the only way to go is liquid for results. You definitely saved me some money in the case I tried it. Thanks again.