1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Graphic design opinions needed (pics)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rayholio, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys! I need some opinions.. I just bought a vinyl cutter, and I need to cover my box truck.. I have a couple designs I want you to look at, and give me your opinion.

When you look at these, you'll notice right off that one is VERY conservative, and the other Is not..

We're talking being noticed vs staying "safe" here.

These have been copywrited allready...

The front, back, and cab will all be done in a conservative, classic theme on BOTH options.

The area you're looking at will seem smaller than it actually will look in public. The area to be covered is about 16 ft by 9ft.. meaning the SMALLEST text will be at least a ft tall.

The silver part at the bottom is simulated diamond plate boxes that are being installed right now.

Ok.. Give it to me! Reaper or Classic?

2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the first one (classic, I guess). It's a little more friendly vs. the reaper. The second one is certainly edgy, I'll give you that. Just not for me. Nice work either way.
  3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like the first graphic Ray. I'm not too fond of the second one.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Love the top version. However--I had difficulty reading the name of the company. Is it Green Scapes?
    Could you possibly repeat it in big--easy to read on a speeding truck--bold letters?

Second one is too busy.
  5. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

I like the classic as well, not sure if you may scare off some potential new customers with the reaper.
    That is just my thought.
  6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you John. I love the top version, but too had difficulty reading his company name. That's the only thing I'd change.

Did you work up those layouts yourself Ray?
  7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

i hope your kidding with the 2nd one. when people are driving by and take a quick glance at it, it doesnt give any indication of what your business does. figure when people are driving, youll be lucky to get 5 seconds of their time. (unless at a stoplight or parking lot)
  8. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

5 seconds isn't enough to write down a phone number... so I guess neither one would make an impression in that situation...

It seems like everyone was wondering what I was thinking with the 2nd one.. The Green Reaper..

Honestly, did you guys spend more time looking at the 1st one (the one that looks just like everyone elses) or the 2nd one?

I think that the reaper is more likely to get the HARD looks.. people actually reading, trying to figure out what's going on, where the 1st one will just be glanced at.. "oh.. another mowing company".. AND I DON'T EVEN MOW! LOL

Maybe I'm way off here.. I knew it would be a long shot..

I got cha on the logo.. I'll have a lot more highlight than what is visible, to make sure it stands out..

I really appriciate the feedback! Keep it com'n
  9. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

Nice set up. I'll have to agree with everyone else and say the first one is much more appealing to look at, although you are right about taking a harder look at the second one. You said you have a vinyl cutter. Does it hook up to your pc, or is it manual? That would definetly be the way to go if you are good at putting the stuff on. I paid around $400 per truck for ours, and am considering doing our 8X20 enclosed trailer.

BTW, is that what you carry your prolawn in?

10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

The first design is nice, clean, and readable. The second is noisy, cluttered, and not reader-friendly. That's my opinion anyway.