Graphics and business card review

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Precedence, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Precedence

Precedence LawnSite Member

I would like some feedback on my design for my business cards and the magnets i want to get for my truck.

My truck is black so the design is white lettering on a black background. The business cards i wanted to keep simple and put that quote on the back.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

Bussiness card minusinfo.jpg

Bussiness card (back).jpg

Truckdecalminusinfo.jpg

2. eauxkielawns

eauxkielawns LawnSite Member

It looks great. Simple and to the point. I am not sure about the quote on the back. I had lines put on the back of mine for next appointment, pricing etc. But, if a quote works it works. Looks great though...Good job and good luck.

3. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

The Quote on the bacnk needs to go people dont care to read that. People in my area get like 5-10 hanger, or business cards once it all starts.

Usa the back in a good way to help you out like by writing down what services you offer not a quote.

Just my two cents.

4. AgriCut

AgriCut LawnSite Member

Dont get magnets. I just had these decals installed to my truck today. I got both front doors and tailgate done for $225.00. Magnets could blow off going down the road and could be easily stolen if you forget about them. the graphics arent permanent and can be removed with a heat gun. Besides, it looks much more professional.

5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Your quote sounds like you are warning them that you are going to be expensive,in other words you might be expensive but thats the price you pay for good oats?? I would lose that saying!

6. advantage landscapes

advantage landscapes LawnSite Member

I second and forward that motion.

7. Precedence

Precedence LawnSite Member

K, the quote on the back goes i'll leave the backs blank, but i'm still going to use it when people ask why i'm charging more than the shmuck that said he'd do the lawn for $5 per cut. :)

8. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

I think the cards look like crap! You asked, so I replied!

9. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I would make the graphic bigger and maybe try using a little larger font where you can.

Also, I'd drop the word "setting" .. with "setting a new .." sounds like you're in the process of .. "A new standard in landscaping" makes a statement.

10. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Black and White cards look cheap to me. I never received one that I thought was quality or evoked a sense of quality about the company they represented, and I receive a lot of business cards.

I would lose the quote on the back. While I think is is funny some people might get offended.