Graphite Based Coating

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kdt64, Oct 14, 2007.

1. kdt64

kdt64 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

Has any one used "Ez-Slide" under their mower decks to reduce grass build up. I bought a can at TSC to try it out on my mower and was wondering how great does it do.

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

let me know if it works

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It works. Make sure everything is perfectly clean. Apply it just like you would an auto paint. No grease, dirt, etc...

4. kdt64

kdt64 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

I cleaned it as much as I could, I hope it was enough. I have a Husqvarna tractor with a 54 deck that is like a grass magnet, after two times of lawn mowing the deck is compleatly clogged. If this works it would be a life saver.
    I have a smaller mower that I am trying the Fluid Film on, I will let you know how it turns out.

5. bfstrider

bfstrider LawnSite Member

I tried it a while back. Did not last long. There were spots that stayed on, but for the most part it wore off with about a half a dozen 1/2 acre properties mowed. In my opinion use Fluid Film. It makes the grass that does stick easier to remove. There is not a cure all for no grass sticking to your deck. Fluid Film will also keep your deck from rusting.

6. DanielC

DanielC LawnSite Member

So where does a person get Fluid film or some teflon based sealant for your deck,sounds pretty cool.

7. kdt64

kdt64 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

When I was spraying it on I was wondering how long it would last, when it starts to wear off I will replace it or something else, which probably will be Fluid Film. To DanielC question, Fluid Film is a sponsor on Lawnsite. Just before you came in this section there is a Fluid Film icon you can click to get to there page, the reps name is nice fellow called Dan Williams. Contact him and he will send you a tester can free.

8. DanielC

DanielC LawnSite Member

Thks for the info.,I'll give it a try.