1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grapple Bucket Question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, Mar 18, 2006.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Do they make an aftermarket piece that keeps your hydraulic hoses out of the way? We are clearing a lot and have cut three different hoses in two days. I have it rigged now with "bungee cords" and zip ties but I was curious whether or not there was a good aftermarket solution on the market.
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

FFC used to offer a hyd. hose mount that was flexible and kept things out of the way. I don't know if it is still available.
  3. janb

janb LawnSite Senior Member

I am usually able to put a couple twists in my hoses before connecting; to tension them to stay out of the way, a 'handy-dandy' flexible rod / spring and hose eyelet would work nicely (similar to whip between tractor and trailer on semi air hoses, prior to curly (coil) hoses) but I can see myself 'harpooned' :dizzy: when I jump out of cab in a hurry (use a blunt whip...):hammerhead:
  4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Call the guys at skidsteersolutions.com, or go to their website and check their stuff out for design....I think these guys are on top of this kinda issue....
  5. TXTom

TXTom LawnSite Member

I was looking for the exact same thing several months ago while demoing a house. I couldn't find anything and ended up with Bungees like you. Let me know if you find something.

6. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

The Bungees do work well...havent busted a hose since! Man I really need to steam clean my 322...it is covered with hydraulic fluid !
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

AH! Hydraulic fluid! I know how you feel, the couplers that came with our Harley didnt' quite match up with the ones on the machine so they would leak really bad. Made a huge mess of the machine.