Grass and leave collection problem with my Bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Apr 17, 2003.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

For some reason when I have the collection cage on my 52 inch Bobcat walk behind it doesn’t load very well. It seems to blow more leaves out the front, then into the cage. As im approaching the leaves, the leaves keep blowing forward and its tough to get the mower to go over them. Dose anyone know what I can do to make it fill better and not blow everything in front of the deck? I lowered the front casters to one shim. That seemed to work a little better. However now the scalping roller is always touching. When I put the grass cage on my Bobcat ZTR, it seems to fill up better. I don’t notice as much blowing out the front of the deck either.

I’m running double blades on the walk behind. The lower set are high lifts, and the upper set are gators.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Try running single blades, you create alot of blowout with doubles.

3. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

thanks ill give that a whirl tomorrow

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

my exmark does the same thing.i got the baffle kit for it and went back to single blades.works much better now.make sure the bag height is correct also.i didn't know that the bag height can be changed.after i read the info that came with my bag i found that it was setup to high

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 54" Bunton. During spring and fall clean-ups I just use Gator blades. Less blow out than regular blades.

6. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, I only use single blades when I plan on using my vac system to pick up leaves. You will be chasing them all over the place with doubles.

Lasher