Grass and weeds in Liriope

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wojo23323, Mar 22, 2003.

1. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any product available that will kill the weeds and grass that is in the middle of Liriope without harming the Liriope?

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Ornamec.

3. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

you can also use a product called fusilade.

4. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

Ornamec & fusilade are one in the same. It is mostly used for the removal of bermuda from zoysia of fescue grasses. Y ou didn't specify what kind of grass it is. Try www. pbigordon.com for a over the top product. Really for me i use round up, the liriope is hardy enough it will bouce back.

5. IGROTURF

IGROTURF LawnSite Member
    from CHAR NC

fusilade II for grassy weed contol.
    image for broadleaf weeds, and sedge. same with basagran. snaphot,pre-m, dimesion for pre control.
    mike

6. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to use Ornamec this year. You that have used it, can you spray beds with annuals and perennials?
    I know it will not harm most shrubs but was wondering if it will harm wave petunias and other flowers such as this?

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

KerryB- I have used it, but only in ornamental grass beds with a few shrubs. I used it to kill Bermuda in Liriope (sp?). I had to do two applications but the Bermuda never grew back.

8. My experincewith bermunda, if activitly growing, you can't kill it with round-up, It may look like it, but it comes back.