grass bag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nriddle77, May 30, 2004.

1. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a hole in my new grass bag. I used it for less than one week before in developed the hole. The last bag did the exact same thing. The mower is a honda hrc216. Any suggestions for preventing/fixing the problem?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I got a hole in one of my baggers as well, not for a honda, but I just let it go. Everything still bags fine and very little gets out of the hole, even though it's about 3" long

3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Get a new one on warrenty. If you get a new hole every week, keep bringing it in for a new warrenty one. They will get the picture pretty quick.

4. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I used an old pair of jeans and some fabric glue ( I think it's called Quik-sew, comes in a toothpaste type tube) on the inside to patch a hole. Check how you guys are parking your mowers. I used to leave the bag on my 21" s and park them right behind each other. The problem was the bag on the front mower was touching the muffler of the second and the heat was melting the bag. The fabric patch works great though and only takes about 2 mins to fix.

If you can get a new one on warrenty that's the best but if not, try patching it.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

A hot glue gun works well also