Grass Blowin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Red_Rattler, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler LawnSite Member

Does anybody else hate people who blow there grass clippings in the street? It totally recks a perfectly good job. And these people call themselves professionals? I admit people in my crews do it too, but when I find out about it, they have hell to pay with me, and they are automaticly set on my **** list awhile while they go clean up their mess.

2. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

in a subdivision it is a no-no, but on a very busy road the cars do quite a good job cleaning it up for you.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Agreed :D

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hear in MI They are starting to give tickets to the unlucky soul that blow clippings, leaves, ect. into the road. I dont mind when people do as long as its not exessive but when my account is next to theirs and i have to clean up brown dead grass every week thats piled 4-5" deep along the curb and on the sidewalks, you know who ill be calling.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The rest of the property that you just finished mowing did not end up blown on the street, why does the last pass or two have to go on the road? Just seems tacky to me but that is only my opinion. :) Aside from the fact that when I drive my $40,000 truck past this guy blowing it into the road and I wonder if I will have to turn around and go kick his ass because he's bouncing twigs or rocks or whatever off the side of my truck!

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I have to second Randys nomination for a Sq.Pt.Shovel to their bloomin noggin for being so irresponsible!

Just my .03
    Kris

7. All liscnesed LCO's that work in the City of San Bruno, got a letter about getting fined for blowing any debris in the street. Seems like cut grass is clogging up the storm drain system. Now the city should write to all the homeowners that wash the grass out into the street. It's not only pro gardners that leave debris out in the street.
    John

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I think that we will wait about as long for that letter to go out to them, as the one telling them they have to record the information on their fertilizing efforts for the year as well.

Its a sad but true reality.
    Kris

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We park our truck on the street across from our house. Well one our neighbors, when he cuts his grass, he shoots it out all over the sidewalk and street onto our truck.
    Now, it is not so much that his grass sometimes sticks to the truck, but the mess it makes all over the walks and road.

It bothers me because I always feel that others will think that since we are a lawn company, that the grass is our mess that we left there. So usually the next morning after the neighbor has cut his grass, I will broom up the walks and road just to get rid of the mess.

10. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Randy, I run mulching kits, so you don't have to worry about me blowing anything on your truck, as far as blowing stuff in the busy road - I do blow the edgeing clippings in to the road instead of stepping out and getting splattered by an oncoming vehicle, they disappear quite quickly, I bet alot of you are guilty of this. I only blow stuff in the road when there is not a vehicle passing, I do have a 40000.00 truck and I respect other people enough I would not intentionally do damage to their vehicle. My question to you, if a rock slung out from under the deck and knocked your window out, would you still kick his ass? This would most likely be an accident and I am just curious. That what I have business liabilty for and comprehensive insurance on my vehicle for.