Grass catcher for Exmark walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybee, May 23, 2001.

1. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

Anybody use any of the aftermarket grass catchers on there Exmark walk behind mowers. While Exmark makes there own bagging unit it seems a bit pricy, so do any of the other units do the job?

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a "grass gobbler" can. It works good. There is also an extension that can be attached for larger volume.

It was cheaper than the exmark version.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad your not closer, I have one that just sits. I bought the exmark bag and have used it maybe 2 times.

4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the grass gobbler if you are bagging more than once a week. This is because the bag you can get from exmark is cloth, it could rip, metal doesn't rip;)

5. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

i would say that the grass gobblers work the best and is not to pricy.
    i got one and it works great.:blob3:

6. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

With all the rain I was looking into a grass catcher. What is a good price for a Grass Gobbler? My dealer quoted me $225! That's alot for a can.

7. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I got my Grass Gobbler XL for $199.99, That was a reduction from my dealer, he usually pitches the commercial guys a deal cause they do soo much business.

8. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

There is also a product called the "accelerater". It is made out of aluminum. My dealer quoted me at $300.00.

9. toddco

toddco LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

If you order the Grass Gobbler be careful to make sure you get the right bracket for your deck. The one I originally received didn't fit my deck and I had to exchange the bag and bracket. Apparently exmark has changed the deck on the newer models (mine is the metro hp 48).

10. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

The grass gobbler only fits on the Exmark fixed deck. I have a floating deck and had to buy the accelrater. It works great.