grass catcher for exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALBsun1, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

Where can i get a grass catcher for a 36" exmark walk behind? I know some will say accelorater, but, i looked at that, and i think $400 bucks for a catcher is ridiculous. i seem to remember buying one about 10 years ago on my old lesco 32 for around $100. Any suggestions?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The ones through JThomas are just like the factory baggers. These work very well for what they are intended for. If you are cosidering for doing large amounts of leaves though,...forget it. There are much more efficient methods for doing this.

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

It may seem like a lot of money now, but you won't have to replace them due to rust. The are a whole h*ll of a lot lighter than steel catchers, you have no bracket mounting with eXmarks and Accelerators are easier to dump. The 4.15cuft model is larger than a standard GG. They ARE worth their price!

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a Grass Gobbler catcher from my dealer. $189.00 It does the job, a little bad on dust, but gets her done. The Accelerator will be my next brand of catchers for sure. There aluminum, less weight, and you can get a huge one.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a Grass Gobbler for my 36" Exmark Viking eleven years ago. It has a couple of places where rust has started to take its toll. But, nothing has ever been done to maintain it, and it is outside all the time. It has been used heavily most seasons, so I would consider it a very good value for the money. As noted in so many other places, these steel catchers are heavy. I have a cloth one too, used with the backing plate. But, it has been used only sparingly, not in the past few years. The Gobbler is heavier, but the bracket stays on the mower deck, and mounting/dismounting is easy. The cloth bagger has two pieces to manage, and having to deal with the backing plate on loading/unloading is a hassle -- tradeoff is heavier catcher.

6. abcfamily

abcfamily LawnSite Member

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I was the winner of that auction! HAHA! Love my Accelerator!