1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Grass catcher question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smhmc6, Mar 19, 2009.

1. smhmc6

smhmc6 LawnSite Member

I am considering buying a grass catcher for my 36" ransom bobcat walk behind. I've tried to google where I can get them and price and such, really the only 3 I've found are accelerators, grass gobblers, and catcher kings. Actually most of the hits on google were for lawnsite. I noticed they were all either aluminum or steel, and I was wondering do they make them cloth or kind of a bag style? Are they cheaper that way? The steel and aluminum ones are nice, but really I would only use it around my house so I don't really need something that durable.

2. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

I know they make them. I'm not sure about a bobcat. Did you try the dealer? Sometimes OEM might be the only way to go for a softbag grass catcher.

3. smhmc6

smhmc6 LawnSite Member

Thanks. No, I haven't tried the dealer yet. I just started kind of researching to figure out what options I have.

4. eeckhardt

eeckhardt LawnSite Member

www.grasscatchersusa.com has a fabric side catcher for bobcat. Fabric side catchers are just as durable as the metal ones also. They also have several unique features that may be useful such as a tilt to dump

5. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

I have a metal grass gobbler for my 36" scag and it sucks lol, get the aluminum one it is much lighter, and if you are to get a metal one get the extension for it because other wise you are emptying it every 2 minutes.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You can also look into the Grass Packer. Poly, cheaper than Gobbler and Accel. Lasts forever.

[​IMG]