Grass catcher vs agri-fab vac

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dwbarg, May 1, 2007.

1. dwbarg

dwbarg LawnSite Member

I need some advice on which to buy. I have been wanting something to save me some time getting up pine straw and leaves etc. I was leaning toward buying an accelerator catcher XL model to use with my 52" Fastrak. Then I found a pull vac I can buy used for about the same price as new accelerator catcher. I know as for as ease of use and matainence the accelerator would win hands down. The agri fab vac would win as for as less dumping goes. I would also be using it for some grass clippings ( I guess accelerator wins here too). I have about 1 1/2 acres. I am currently using a pull behind sweeper and dumping then loading by hand in a trailer and hauling off. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not familiar with the Agri-fab other than looking quickly at them in passing at a show or 2... I would likely pass on it and go with a accelerator or if you want a pull behind unit I would look at Trac-Vac, but you are in a pricey situation then...

Pj

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Agri_fab, or ANYTHING that you have to pull behind your mower!:nono: The accelerator or anything is better. Belive me, I have used them all.