grass catchers, accelerator or factory exmark? pls reply if experienced

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn gonzo, May 30, 2003.

1. lawn gonzo

lawn gonzo LawnSite Member
    from texas

any body have any real experience with grass catchers for 52" exmark tt hp? I'm looking at factory exmark bagger or Accelorator bagger or anything else that works for somebody. thanks alot.

2. taco

taco LawnSite Member

based on what i saw those accelators are pretty sloppy made and about three times to much$$$$ ,i would buy that nylon bag from exmark if it's cheaper taco

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Lawn
    Accelerator Baggers May Not have the prettiest Welds But they Work great. They fit on the Mower Without a Bracket And go on and off Very easy. They Pack the Grass in Very tight. I would Suggest getting the Big One I Think its 5 Bushels. If You Need anything else just Yell.
    john.

Oh You Can Use The OCDC Type Like EZCHUTE And some others With the Accelerator Bagger. I don't think You Can Use An OCDC With The other baggers Bracket attached.

4. MHubes

MHubes LawnSite Member

I can't speak for the factory bagger but I have nothing but good things to say about my Accelerator catcher. The thing weighs the same full of grass as some of the steel catchers weigh empty, plus its much better built, you won't have to replace the door/latch or worry about it rusting out every other year.

5. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Accelerater is nice and sturdy i wish the price would drop though-My employees fight over the aluminum over the steel.-Harry

6. Grizzly290

Grizzly290 LawnSite Member

I have an TTHP 52". Someone gave me an Exmark factory cloth catcher. It's pretty big, light and flexible( won't gouge on uneven terrain.) It's frame attaches or detaches in under a minute with no tools. There are factory holes on your deck for it. It just slides in to the one hole, and clips in the front, and its on or off. I don't hardly ever catch clippings, but it seems to be a pretty decent catcher. Very light weight. Theres a picture of it on the Exmark site. I don't know what it sells for. Hope this helps. Grizzly

7. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I paid $250 for my eXmark bag, and it's not too heavy.

8. mckell68

mckell68 LawnSite Member

The exmark bagger is easy on and off the bracket and can hold alot of grass when you use doubles to pack it in there.

BUT, the large bracket that holds the bag is a pain. It can and will
    plow the turf if you are on uneven ground. You have to be very careful going from flat ground to slopes. I would buy some other brand, like the acclerator that has no bracket---Mike

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Heres The Big One!

accelerator.jpg

10. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

How much does the "Big One" weigh when packed full of damp grass? My Gobbler weighs a bunch. That looks like it would
    weigh much more.
    One thing to note: If you live in a municipality that requires clear plastic bags then go with a bag system that will facilitate you doing this. I dump my clippings into a plastic tach can to allow for quick bagging. The Gobbler allows me to do this, but it aint pretty or light. 1 Just a few things to ponder