Grass catchers for WBs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by glennd, Mar 31, 2004.

1. glennd

glennd LawnSite Member

I'm in need of a grass catcher for my wb. I've seen the Accelerator model and there is also a unit called a Grass Gobbler. Has anyone ever used either one of these catchers and if so, what did you like and dislike about them? I would appreciate any feedback that is out there.

Thanks

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both. small grass gobler on 36" and large accelerator on 48" the accelerator is about twice the size but wieghs less empty than the gobbler. the acclerator also holds even more than twice as much grass. It really packs in. the gobbler is less expensive and doesn't take up as much room. Both are sturdy and easy to use. I have also used cloth cthers and will never do that again.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the cloth ones, find them to be way lighter then the bulky metal ones

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally like clothe bags compared to metal baggers, like the grass gobler. I do have both and the grass gobler just seems to be really heavy when it is full

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I had a hard plastic on one my Buton Bullet and a cloth one on my exmark. I had a grass gobler on my ferris and love it. So the exmark got one too. I had a 1/2" clearance on each side of the gate with the cloth bagger plate removed. So it was easyer with the grassgobbler. Plus i had to be fair to each mower. Plus the cloth one rip real easy. I have Grassgobbler on both standers and two leaf gobblers. They are a little heavy, but i live 15 miles from the factory. I seen how they are fabracated. Very well built. If you have a Wright lawn mower look at the grassgobbler turbo. It about twice the price but will hold 4 times as much.

6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

The Accelerator is well worth the money! I have a dealer close by that carries the Grass gobbler, and after lifting it up I purchased the XL Accelerator. Peter will stand behind his product and answer any question you have. Click on the link above or just give him a call! Good luck
    Jeff

7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

thumbs up for the Accelerator. I just picked up a new XL for my exmark..... Havent used it yet but its light and extremely sturdy.....

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Two problems wit cloth bags.
    1 is that big metal mounting plate. That plate alone weighs as much as my grass gobbler.
    2 is the tiny little holes in the cloth that the air is supposed to flow through, stop way too small of stuff and clog with the least bit of moisture.
    The larger holes of the metal catchers allow better air flow so better suction and the let the little stuff blow through soyou aren't catching as much dirt etc...

9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

The grass gobbler is great. I love mine.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Accelerator!! You can add to it later for leaf clean ups.
    John

johnny g\'s pictures 397.jpg