Grass catchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnTamer, Jan 16, 2008.

1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Hi everybody,

Anybody have any experience with either of these grass catching systems? I'm getting tired of $89 cloth bags that only last a few months.

Here are 2 options I am curious about.

The Grass packer

grasspacker.jpg

And the steel catcher by catcher king

Steel_catcher_2007-fs-589x435.jpg

Thanks for any input.

grasspacker.jpg

Steel_catcher_2007-fs-589x435.jpg

2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Thanks for posting this. I will be needing a catcher before next season and these were two of the three that I was considering. The third was the Accelerator. I'll be interested to see the responses you get.

3. my grass gobbler has been bullet proof for the 2yrs that i have had it, but when packed full of grass it gets pretty heavy.

4. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

neither of those two but grass gobbler a little heavy but good quality and the acceleartor expensive but heavy duty and light made of aluminum not steel

5. atlcutah

atlcutah LawnSite Member
    from SLC, UT

I have one for my Dixie Chopper and that thing is nice and light and easy to dump but I end up more dirty than any thing else. The wholes in the accelerator the dust just flies right through it and right into my face! Its not bad when the grass is a little damp like it is first thing in the morning but thats the only problem I have with the accelerator. I ended up throwing a old sweat shirt on top of the bag to cover the holes and that prevented the dust from coming out the top!

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Ha, ha. Very pro. :dizzy:

Don't take this wrong... whaddaya do, you know?

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

You are going to like this one :drinkup:

506.jpg

8. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Accelerator is expensive but I have no regrets. Its the only one I would buy due to light weight.

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

There is an old saying you get what you pay for:drinkup:

10. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

i have the grass gobbler too and i do say it gets heavy with a full load of damp grass. But it has lasted pretty well over the 2 years ive had it.

Josh