1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grass Catchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Grass gobblers are great. They make a regular, jumbo, and a leaf gobbler. Wouldn't use anything else. :cool:
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

yep, ive got one on my scag walkbehind. does a great job.
  4. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Do youreslf a favor and buy an Accelerator Aluminum Bagger ! They are very light compared to steel and they will outperform a cloth catcher no problem. You can mow and bag when the grass is wet too. I have run these before and they are great. For your machine they make 2 sizes 4.15 cubic foot and 6.2 cubic foot. I have used the 4.15 cubic foot which is 3.32 bushels. It weighs 18 pounds empty ! They are easy to dump ! They list for between $329 and $379, You should be able to buy one for $30 to $40 less than that. Price depends on actual machine.

The 6.2 cubic foot model/ 4.96 bushel actually weighs just over 20 pounds empty. It lists for $459 to $499 .

These are well worth every penny that you sprnd on them. I have one for my 21" Honda 216 and it is the greatest $169 I have ever spent that was 4 years ago. And it is still a great asset. Good Luck.
  5. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Grass Gobler copy, that is. They work well. I like the aluminum Accelerator bag better, but about $100 more. I am also eying some of the baggers made by rack'em....here is there link www.rackemmfg.com
  6. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I have a Rack-Em catcher on my hydro Scag and a Grass Gobbler on my belt drive Scag and I prefer the Grass Gobbler. The Rack-Em is well built but it's heavier than the Gobbler.
  7. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I use one like that on a 44" wb and it works pretty well. It's a great bagger for some one who only bags on a limited basis. If you bag a lot or have to bag properties over a half acre forget about it. Actually a half acre would be pushing it. In the spring when grass is really growing I've filled mine in 30 or 40 feet.I'm not trying to steer you away cause like I said mine works well considering what I paid for it but I only bag couple small properties.
  8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I have a JD plastic catcher that actually is the two piece one and it works ok, but I plan to get a Grass Gobbler to replace it.

KZS LAWN SERVICE INC LawnSite Member

Blessed ,

Why cant you get a soft bagger from the dealer? I just bought the ultra vac for my z master last fall and it works great. It is a lil pricey but well worth it. Cant wait to use it for thatching this spring.
  10. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

The Soft bagger for the Z255 isn't available yet. Here is the responce that I got from Toro:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact The Toro Company regarding your
    Z255 Z Master.

The soft bagger for the Z200 Series mowers should be available in the early
    Summer of 2003. Please contact us in a couple of months to check the
    availability of the soft bagger."

As per my dealer as well. I am having second thoughts now about buying a bagger for this machine and am looking for a used ZTR with a bagger already. Thanks By the way what kind of bagger do you have and which Toro do you have?