Grass catchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sproutlscape, Feb 11, 2004.

1. sproutlscape

sproutlscape LawnSite Member

Please comment.
    I need to buy a grass catcher for my Scag Z. I'm not sure what to go with, a clam-shell or a Fabric 3 bag. 75% of my accounts that I bag have a place to dump on site.
    Thanks
    :blob3:

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I like fabric baggers better. They are a lot lighter to deal with.

3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Check out Accelerator Industries line of catchers...

They also have a sponsored forum here at LawnSite.com that you can check out .... Accelerator Industries Forum

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

All aluminum Accelerators...no brackets, better airflow, easier on/off & dump & large capacities avail.

toro7.jpg

5. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Something like this.......

mower.jpg

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I like accelerator catchers for walk-behinds. I dont think it would fit the bill for your situation however.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Seems like a no brainer to me. Why would you want to get off the mower and manually empty 3 fabric bags, when you could just back up to the spot and pull a lever, dump and off ya go for more without ever having to get off the mower.

8. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

I'm with gogetter you won't get grass all over yourself like you sometimes can in windy situations. I've worn out bags never seen a clamshell catcher rot.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The clam shell bagger on the tiger is a very big and heavy bagger. The three bagger is a lot lower and if you have to dump into the truck its a lot easier then on the ground forking it in. For less money get the accelerator with the extension and have up to 10 bushels and they dont clog in wet. Easy on and off too!>
    John

962--500.jpg

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

See in the pic here how LOW the bagger is. I can get under any trees with this one. The clam-shell we tryed on the tiger would not go under anything.
    Try to demo both.
    John

805-400.jpg