grass clippings in mulch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sstem, May 4, 2001.

1. sstem

sstem LawnSite Member

I am having the worst time keeping grass clippings out of mulch beds when trimming. Any sugestions?

2. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

u should try going a different way it works with my redmax and my echo

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Trim with the head spinning counter clockwise so that it throws the grass out into the lawn, if it does get in the beds blow it out.

4. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Other posts hit it. It all has to due with the direction of your trimmer line as it spins. It's just like your side discharge on your mowers. Try approaching your trimming from the opposite way from which you are coming from now. Try using the trimmer at different placements in adjacent to your body and the line of your trimming. You will soon see which ways and methods of holding the trimmer will do the best at keeping the clippings where YOU want them.

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Walk Backwards as u trim the edge of the bed

6. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

chads lawns hit it on the nose simple walk backwards from the bed the clipings will fall right in front of you.

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

walk form right to left with straight shaft trimmers!

8. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

might not be as fast but with a trimmer that spins counter clock wise.if you walk backwards it will trim alot better around everything.Try sometime.Edging buildup over walkways and driveways backwards is eaiser also.