Grass clippings.....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mow It All llc, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

Ok so I dont know about you but I DO NOT BAG....around here its next to impossiable to get rid of. Some of my most healthy lawns get deep in a week. When I cut they leave a TON of clippings on the grass. I sharpen my blades each night and they are gator blades. I have to walk the lawn with a blower to make them disapear, and some i have to cut 2x's. Is there an easier way Im using a toro Z 52"

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

you can try running doubles. IMO gator blades really suck for cutting grass when alone. but on the other hand theres been times i still have to cut 3X to get rid of the clumps while running doubles.

3. Raven386

from CT

you can try spraying the underside of the mower deck with Fluid Film. that will help with some of the build up on there.

4. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

What do you meen run doubles? Your not talking about 2 machines are you??

5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

He means run 2 blades on each spindal...in an X formation

6. Raven386

from CT

yea, tow one behind the other! no putting Gator blades and high lift blades together. so your running 6 blades instead of 3. gator blades on top of the high lifts.

7. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Another tip...raise your deck a bit and cut it higher...less to cut = less mess

8. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

mow it all, im with you, NO BAGGING!! we cant even dump it here. not to mention, for the time involved, you dont get your money back. i run a full schedual without bagging. as for the clumps, if its growing that fast you should be able to cut it that fast, i word in my contracts i may come as often as possible for heavy growth, wether its due to irrigation, rain, or any other reason. i have some i do 2x a week. you dont want to overdue it though, i call them first even though its in writing.

9. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

The main reason is the turf app. co. is dumping too much N on the lawn. I could explain why, but I don't want to type that much.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

No bagging here unless you own ground outside of city limits and can dump there without any restrictions. Its getting impossible to get rid of grass, trees, shrubs and just about anything else that has to do with this business. The city around here won't take anything and niether will the landfill or anyone else so its mulch or side discharge.