Grass clippings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spcfoor, Jul 2, 2004.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

what do you guys do with the grass clippings that end up on the sidewalk , driveway, etc? Where do you blow them?

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Back in the yard or in the street, It depends on where I am.

3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i blow everything in the yard around here we can get fines for blowing in the street because it clogs the gutters and drains

4. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

If you got so many clippings that they won't disappear when you blow them back into the grass, you probably should consider bagging that particular lawn.

Personally, blowing out into the street is just SO redneck...

5. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Some times if its bad and I cant hide the clippings I will direct it to the middle of the yard and put my 20 inch mower on the highest setting and it gets just whats on top. Ive had to do this alot lately and it usually no more than a bag and a half of clippings.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

When I say street I mean across the street into a vacant lot a some of my props. I wouldn't do it other wise either.

7. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Yeehaw i love blowing the clippins in the street ya hear. Plz, if it is a busy street the grass stays in the road for about 2 mins max then it is gone. You have to use your head if it is alot or its not a heavily traveled street blow it back onto the property.