1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grass clogging the deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tmc8524, Feb 3, 2008.

1. tmc8524

tmc8524 LawnSite Member

Does anybody know of any good ways to keep the bottom of my deck from getting clogged with grass? does anybody make any kind of coating or anything that would help the grass not stick underneath? I got a 36" hustler and the deck is shallow so it holds a lot of grass and i gotta clean it out all the time. any suggestions that'll actually work?
  2. LawnCareNoobie

LawnCareNoobie LawnSite Senior Member

There is probably some sort of paint you could coat it with that would help. I also wonder if that silicone stuff they use for keeping snow from sticking on plows would work also...but I don't know I am a rookie.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

do a search on this. there are several products and methods people use from Mo-deck to Pam cooking spray.
  4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

Ive been using floor wax on my decks for years you get the stuff that is kind of milky looking clean the deck and use a spray bottle to put it on i do it every couple of weeks or when needed
  5. tmc8524

tmc8524 LawnSite Member

does the floor wax really do a decent job?
  6. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mo Deck works good but has to be re -applied often. Try Fluid Film also.

Both products have websites.

Hope this helps!!
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Fluid Film works good and its good to have around the shop too, good penetrate oil and a good lubricating spray

8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Fluid Film or Pam Cooking Oil. Spray it on daily. Both of them work great.
  9. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

I think Peco makes something like what you are talking about, but I can't find a link to it online.
  10. Wise_A

Wise_A LawnSite Member

Or you could just buy a Scag with their V+ deck. I've seen them cut through grass with the heaviest dew on it in the morning, no clumping or anything. Just a nice cut and a solid dispersal.