Grass cutter wins Powerball millions!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr.Ziffel, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet:

Pat Wales, 60, bought Powerball tickets at a convenience store in Rollinsford, N.H., then stayed up past her bedtime to watch the drawing.

When she realized she had won, "she began to cry and tremble," Garmey said. She tried to awaken her 70-year-old husband, telling him, "Erwin, we won the Powerball," Garmey said. "And he said, 'Uh-huh,' and he rolled over and went back to sleep."

Pat Wales took an immediate leave of absence from her job at Lincoln Financial Group in Portland, Me. Her husband mows grass and works part-time at a motor speedway and a motorcycle shop. - Seattle Post-Intelligencer 8/28/01

What would you do with the money?

Will M>

2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

First, I would pay the lottery commision to keep me and the winnings a secret!!Then slowly fade out of the scene and go down to the bahamas and sit by the ocean for next 50 years.What a good story,I always love hearing when a shop wins, or a guy down on his luck wins.Honestly I would build a nice house,take care of some family and friends and travel.:D

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

WORRY!

The good thing about not having money is there is less to worry about.

4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Did your local news play up the guy that was "down on his luck" that won it? The one whos ex wife got re-married the day he won? They were all nice and sentimental, playing this guy up as a hero or something, then one of the news channels also happened to mention that he------ just got out of jail for robbery. HAHAHA. THATS the kind of person I want to win the lottery.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I would use the $$ to branch out my biz and bankroll my expansion plans for this fall.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

My mom just told me about the lady that bought 20 tickets for someone else (don't know if it was more than one person or not), and she ended up buying just 2 tickets for herself.

Well one of her tickets won. Now the people that she bought the 20 tickets are sueing her!

7. powerreel

powerreel Banned

ALL I KNOW..........

:)

:D In Seattle, there would be some tall lawns!!!!!!!

:D Am I right????

8. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I dont know that I would do much differently, although I would cut back on my hours. If someone gave me 20million tomorrow I would still work, its those who quit there jobs and try to buy the world that end up in worse shape then when they started.

9. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

you people who say they will still work are insane.i'd never look at another mower again and would be free from the daily crap and b.s. of dealing with moron customers on a daily basis.i would invest the money and live off the profit.i would also give-that's right give away my stuff-mowers/truck/harley, and excess crap to all my friends who might need it,and disappear into the hills and live a quiet yet comfortable life.it would let me persue my hobbies and my intrest in traveling throught the U.S. and abroad.

10. plow kid

plow kid Banned

I'd buy a new engine for my work truck.