1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Grass cutting school?????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunner27, Feb 23, 2007.

1. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

No offense to any sponser, but a grass cutting school? You have to be kidding me! That's like having a dish washing school. You either have a good buisness mind or you don't. Good grief............
  2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

what's so far fetched abou it?
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

What grass cutting school???
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

There was a thing in the paper here a few weeks ago about having classes for immigrants to run equipment because there was so many accidents last year. That is a class for illegals immigrants and its free. Why the hell is our government helping out the illegals so much. I want to know what kinda deal George Worthless Bush has with the Mexican government for trying to give illegals special treatments
  5. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

now now boys. ha ha ha ha
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't we just take over Mexico already...hell Im sure the people wouldnt object! We could bring in Walmart...Lowes...throw some Dennys up. Americanize it....throw down some squirt N Fert...get the grass growing, and let em cut down there. Oh and can someone explain to me the whole flag flipping thing? I saw a picture a while back at a high school...where some illegals had put the Mexican flag over the US Flag and turned our flag upside down. I mean...if you hate the USA so much...go home. No one asked you to come here for crying out loud!
  7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok ok. I'm american, heck I purchase all american products I can (Ford, Walker to name a few) But like a local LARGER landscape company said...
    They will hire any white guy that walks through the door. When the company mentions a drug test they take off running. Plus the Mexican's are so much more reliable than americans (that comes from the owner's mouth)

.... We've gotten lazy!
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

They're already there.
  9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Well the Mexican drug smugglers are the one's smuggling all the drugs in across our open borders. I bet you that the Larger landscaping companies don't ask the ILLEGAL to take a drug test and you know why,,, because they know there illegal and don't need to take a drug test but a legal working citizen is prone to having drug tests. Do you think that illegals aren't doing drugs as well.... You hire a white person pay him cash under the table and give him free health care and i bet you he will work just as hard as any illegal. Illegals don't have to play the same B.S rules as an American citizen and its destroying America.
  10. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

well this is a far cry from the subject..

but i think a school may be a good idea, i don't believe mowing grass is as simple as getting on your craftsman and going. i think theres lots of business issues, tax info, safety stuff to be learned. i can say i'm better at what i do after 8 years of doing this, but i wasn't a pro when i started.