grass dispersion of great dane

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fazzy815-66, Feb 27, 2007.

1. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey you guys using the wright stander vs great dane standers,I noticed on the great dane the discharge area was very small ,does this effect the dispersion of the grass or clumping in tall wet grass?? I'm trying to decide on buying a wright stander or a great dane stander.Help!! I do mostly residential and quality of cut is more of a concern to me than anything else. Thanks in advance
    George

2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

You definitely want something w/ a larger chute. If your not collecting.

3. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

I know the same decks go on the standers as the ZTR's, and I have never noticed a problem on my 52's or 61 inch decks on my Great Danes. I questioned the small opening when I purchased the first Dane, but IMO the deck design does a great job of blowing out the clippings. Some that have been in the business will say the Danes clump badly, but these are on the older Danes with the side ways mounted engines, and they did clump. The newer Dane's made 2001 thru present do not have this problem. My Lawn Service has 200+ clients and they are all impressed with the quality of cut of all of our mowers. Good Luck which ever way you go.

4. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thanks for the Info ...that is very helpful... do you use your mowers primarily on residentials or commercial?...by the way I owned a dane the first year they came out...97 or 98 (cant remember)the machine cut horrible...but it was the best machine for seeing what you were doing and the most fun to ride of any machine I've ever owned.

5. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

I only use the Great Danes on Residential Properties over 3/4 acre unless the customers are going to pay out the wazu. The Danes are mainly used for some large commercial properties my company maintain, for example a 7 acre HOA, and a 5 acre HOA, an apartment complex, a factory and several huge residential properties.