1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Grass Dumping

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mythntr, Jun 3, 2004.

1. mythntr

mythntr LawnSite Member

I am looking for the most efficient manner to dump grass, etc. from my F250. I dump at least once a day and see many types in action. Any recommendations.

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

dump insert

Chuck

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

E-Z dumper insert

my pictures0002.jpg

4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I put the hood of an old Import Car down inside my 14' Trailer, between the ZTR and the Walkbehind. When doing a customers yard I will drive back up onto the trailer and dump my 15 Bushel Grass Collector onto the Car Hood. (hood is upside down) I have dumped 9 Loads of Grass in my trailer before It starts getting too high. I then tarp the grass. When the trailer is full I bring it home and hook up the chain from the car hood to the ZTR Hitch and drag it off the trailer to the compost pile. Then I shovel off the hood onto the pile. Usually Take 15 Minutes with the pitchfork.

I was thinking about getting 2 hoods, bring the full one to the neighbours cows while I pick up the old one that the cows ate the grass off of.

Anything that falls off the hood while pulling it is hand balmed into a garbage can and dumped onto the pile.

I have a side ramp to get my Walkbehind on/off the trailer so the grass pile is not in the way of unloading.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tarp in bed. Pull it off (needs a little work) but works great

6. LAWNPRO2

LAWNPRO2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

GET A EZ- DUMPER YOU CAN USE IT FOR EVER THING

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

how much do the ez dumper's normally go for? I'd need one for a 92 chevy full size.

8. Rich's Lawn Care

I got mine for $2100 installed.

9. JCKL

JCKL LawnSite Member
    from Ma.

Where in Ma. did you get yours? I'm looking to pick one up for my truck soon.

10. Rich's Lawn Care

I got it in RI.