Grass Dumping

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mythntr, Jun 3, 2004.

1. mythntr

mythntr LawnSite Member

I am looking for the most efficient manner to dump grass, etc. from my F250. I dump at least once a day and see many types in action. Any recommendations.

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

dump insert

Chuck

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

E-Z dumper insert

my pictures0002.jpg

4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I put the hood of an old Import Car down inside my 14' Trailer, between the ZTR and the Walkbehind. When doing a customers yard I will drive back up onto the trailer and dump my 15 Bushel Grass Collector onto the Car Hood. (hood is upside down) I have dumped 9 Loads of Grass in my trailer before It starts getting too high. I then tarp the grass. When the trailer is full I bring it home and hook up the chain from the car hood to the ZTR Hitch and drag it off the trailer to the compost pile. Then I shovel off the hood onto the pile. Usually Take 15 Minutes with the pitchfork.

I was thinking about getting 2 hoods, bring the full one to the neighbours cows while I pick up the old one that the cows ate the grass off of.

Anything that falls off the hood while pulling it is hand balmed into a garbage can and dumped onto the pile.

I have a side ramp to get my Walkbehind on/off the trailer so the grass pile is not in the way of unloading.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tarp in bed. Pull it off (needs a little work) but works great

6. LAWNPRO2

LAWNPRO2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

GET A EZ- DUMPER YOU CAN USE IT FOR EVER THING

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

how much do the ez dumper's normally go for? I'd need one for a 92 chevy full size.

8. Rich's Lawn Care

I got mine for $2100 installed.

9. JCKL

JCKL LawnSite Member
    from Ma.

Where in Ma. did you get yours? I'm looking to pick one up for my truck soon.

10. Rich's Lawn Care

I got it in RI.