Grass for the Masters tournament

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mountain Peak, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

Has anyone else noticed how nice the grass is looking for the Masters tournament this weekned? I've been sitting here watching it in HD and can't get over how the course looks. The boys who work on that course should be complimented....

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

It looks that good each and every year. I have been lucky enough to be heading down to Florida on two occassions in the past at this time with my family and stopped for the tournament. The real reason the course always looks this nice is the fact it is not public and has very few members. Not many rounds are played at Augusta each year. But yeah, the grounds crew men deserve a special nod each year. The course is always flawless and bunkers are as white as can be.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the most beautiful courses in the world, without a doubt.

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

looks good but i dont play golf ;) so i dont pay to much attention to the golf grass that much :cool:

5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Isnt Augusta the course where females arent allowed to play? Little off topic but I thought I heard that once.

6. Mo Green

That's the one. No female members allowed.

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just the way Bobby Jones intended. LOL

8. Mo Green

Every man needs a place to get away for a bit. I wish that was mine. :cry:

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

When my grandfather was down in Augusta for business once with the Army CID corps, a friend of his gained access to take himself and my grandfather to play golf at Augusta National. They got there and since my grandfather hadnt expected to be playing golf on the trip didnt bring his bag or shoes. So he rented some clubs, got to the changing room and field house to rent some shoes and they didn't have any golf shoes big enough to fit is feet.... so he missed his one and only chance to play at Augusta... such a heartbreaking story.

10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I can tell you from working on a course not the masters type but a medium level course. It is work but it is not hard work. They control water fert and mowing. A high end course like that is a chemical nightmare one after another then with iron. Then hit it with fertagation. Nice yes but not as hard as making some home owners yard look nice cause you can't control anything.