grass = free plowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fblandscape, Apr 8, 2003.

1. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Saw this in last week's Pennysaver. It's not the first year I have seen them in there. I see them around town in an almost brand new Mitsubishi Fuso rack body with 2 walk behinds in the back.

emerald5.jpg

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ouch...no fee for plowing...that would kill me if I did something like that.

3. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Im sure the 139.99 is a prorated price for the entire season broken up into 12 payments. Believe me the snowplowing is not free, it is factored in.

Im sure their contracts get into more detail as to the specifics of the program. (perhaps up to a 60 ft. drive, and only with the agreement of salt application)

Their are ways around everything. When it sounds too good it usually is.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mabey I can sub my work to him!!! LOL, we had 19 snow events up here. We went through over 200 yars of sand/salt mix and 100" plus of snowfall!

5. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Holly S#*T After this winter
    I bet you will not see them around this YEAR

6. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Grazzmazter you hit it on the head. Don't worry fella's he's getting paid for the snow plowing. Think about it $139.99 a month for 1/2 acre is roughly $35.00 per cut. In my area that is $10.00 higher than normal figure even seven months of cutting (just using for example) 7x4 is 28 so $280.00 is being paid for snow removal which in my area I get $250.00 for a season contract for snow removal. So to sum it up he is on the high side. But it probably does look good to a customer.

7. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I think thats great. Figure it out. 26 cuts x $35= $910. $140 a month=$1680 That leaves $770 for plowing even at 12 pushes he would get double the price, plus a guaranteed mowing and plowing account. Sounds great.

8. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

What about spring and fall clean-ups though? Not all $770 can go to plowing.

9. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Even if you figure in the Spring/Fall Cleanups he is still not doing it for free. 1/2 acre lot is not big at all maybe 1 hour on a cleanup.

10. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah, I missed that. Even still.... If its only say up to 1 truckload of leaves, small lot we could be talking about what a $250 fall and $250 spring cleanup? I think its great. Plus generates year round income if sold in quantities and depending on where in the N.E. he is we usually get little snow, this year was different which is all the more reason that would catch on well. ff, if you don't mind email me this guys location.