1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

grass fungus?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 11, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

On some of my lawns, there is a white residue, almost looks like overspray from someone painting nearby. But I have it on a few, no where near each other. i think i thought i saw it blow off the blades of grass as the mower got closer.
    Before you laugh and tell me its lime, it's not. any ideas?
  2. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

May be pollen.

If you honestly beleive that it is a fungus.
    Make a mxture of 50% Water and 50% of Household Bleach and use a spray bottle to apply a light coating of it to a small patch of infected lawn and see if it goes away.
  3. fga

Maybe it is pollen, I've been sneezing and weezing for a week and a half! I'd like to make a ALL bleach mixture for a lady for stiffed me for $200. claimed poverty, then drove away in her Lexus, no lie!
  4. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

You do not need Bleach for that.

A paint stripper that is locally know as Air Plane stripper ( has a pic of a jet air liner on the can) would cure the Lexus or lawn payment problem.
  5. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Could be powdery mildew, but the way you described it, it's hard to tell.
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

It is probably powdery mildew, a turfgrass fungus, I see it in the shade areas mainly on bluegrass. It usually subsides when things warm up.
  7. fga

Now that you mention it, it is the shady areas, between houses. It goes away on its own your saying? The grass still looks excellent, growing nicely (too fast even), just don't want a problem.
    thanks guys!

Skynrd, has a pic of a plane on the can, eeehhh?