grass gobbler for toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Nov 3, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

i purchased a grass gobbler for my toro 44" proline w/b. they told me that it didnt need a mounting bracket installed. how is this supposed to work

2. bluemoon7

bluemoon7 LawnSite Member

what is a grass gobbler?

3. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

The new sfs decks have the bracket built into the deck. The older mowers had a bracket that you bolted to it. If you do have the older version the discharge opening is bigger as well so the opening on the mower will be bigger than the one on the bagger.I made the bracket out of angle iron and put a baffle in to narrow the discharge. Unfortunately I had no luck finding one to fit my old style deck and the dealer wanted a fortune to sell me an original Toro steel bagger.

4. B&B LAWN

lawn specialties,

my mower has the sfs deck, i just dont know how that one little bracket could hol that heavy catcher. is the discharge opening on the deck bigger than the one on the catcher?

5. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

Since you have the sfs deck it should go on right out of the box. That bracket is actually an improvement over the old style. The bracket on your mower should be plenty stout to hold the catcher.

6. B&B LAWN

lawn specialties if you have any pics i would greatly appreciate it

7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I think Wright mfg makes the grass gobler. Go to their website.