1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

grass gobbler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skurtz78, Oct 5, 2006.

1. skurtz78

skurtz78 LawnSite Member

I have a grass gobbler that I have used in the past with a 36" scag. This year i purchased a 48" bobcat walk behind and with fall here I need to set the grass gobbler up on the bobcat. I ordered the bracket and can not figure out how to attatch it. I have contacted Wright Mfg and waiting a reply but no directions came with it and no hardware. I can buy my own nuts and bolts but cant figure out the set up.
  2. ChalieKelly

ChalieKelly LawnSite Member

I just got a GG for my 48 ferris w/b and it came with the nuts and bolts. All I had to do was drill two holes right on top of the shoot, and the catcher attached right to the bracket. I'm assuming you just didn't receive the nuts and bolts.
  3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

How old is the Bobcat? If it was made after 2001 or so it doesnt need a bracket. They make a special gobbler that goes right on it.

Which model gobbler do you have? Not size but actual model?

Here are some links that may help you:

Gobbler ID 1
    Gobbler ID 2
  4. skurtz78

skurtz78 LawnSite Member

The bobcat is 2006 model and I cant find a model number on my gobbler. It is the small grass gobbler.
  5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, they make a special grass gobler for the 2001 and later Bobcats. It doesnt use a bracket. There is a bracket already on the deck. I doubt you are going to find a catcher that will fit both of those machines.